~A few changes for the New Year~


The tree is down and put away with all signs of Christmas in the house completely gone.  The outside remains until after the New Year.

New Year's Resolutions?  I usually never make any because I don't follow through,  but this year I'm hoping will be different.  How about you?




Flowers @ Lavender&Linen




I did actually accomplish one of the things that was on my list to do this year.  I've always wanted to paint the kitchen at the lake cottage white,  and since it was a very dreary, rainy week I thought it would be the perfect time to get it done.







I also found these old scales at one of the local antique shops.  They were a little "rusty" but they tell a story....right?






This was a find, an antique fly fisherman's basket.  I love it because it fits the theme of the lake cottage along with a great place to store our garbage bags.  I'm all about dual purpose things.





Bar at the Lake Cottage



My sister in law spotted this old rake at a shop in downtown Paducah, I think it works perfectly for the wine glasses she gave me.

I tried taking photo's of the kitchen, but the lighting was still too dark due to all of the rain.  I'm definitely not complaining....praying for all of those that have had their homes destroyed by all of the tornadoes in Texas and various other places.  It's so sad, especially at this time of year.




LavenderandLinen.blogspot.com




Until next time....have a great week! 


 photo newblogsignature.png

Pin It now!

2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Mary, is this a picture of you and your dog? I love it! That Coca-Cola crate is fantastic and so old looking. And I haven't seen a fishermen's basket in a long time, it's charming.

May the new year bring you much peace and joy, Mary.

love, ~Sheri

as always, your pictures are lovely. :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Antique shopping is so enjoyable...I love the creaking floors and smells of days gone by. You certainly made some good purchases. The old rake wine glass holder is so creative! The photo of you and Albert is wonderful. I love him so.

Thank's for your comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails