Dollar store challenge

 This project was under $5.00

While I was shopping at the Dollar tree I spotted these

IMG_0091

cute shadow boxes.
I am going to try to give a tutorial but I must admit I am not the
best when it comes to tutorials…but here goes.

IMG_0085

#1.   Choose your background.  If it’s fabric, make sure it’s wrinkle free.

dollar tree #2 009 

#2.  Measure and cut out mat, I cut my mat out of an empty cracker box.
Cover and glue with your favorite fabric or scrapbook paper. 
Next choose whatever you want to showcase and attach to your mat.
Since these are going to be in a lake house, I chose shells.
 
tutorial of shadow boxes 001
























# 3.  I used Aleene’s quick dry tacky glue. 

dollar tree #2 010

#4.  After you have glued your shells or what ever you have chosen
to use for your shadow box, tape the back with duck tape for extra
stability. 

Dollar store pic frame 007

and viola…. Sorry about the glare.  I really did have my flash turned
off but I must have cleaned the glass very well. )……that’s my excuse anyway!

dollar tree #2 001

dollar tree #2 005

Well that’s all there is to it!   Easy peasy! Thanks so much for visiting!
To see many more lovely dollar store creations go on over to
The dollar store challenge or click on my sidebar and check out all
 of the beautiful projects for under $5.00.  I’m sure your going to be
 amazed. : ) Pin It now!

No comments:

Thank's for your comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails