Friends and Flowers

 

It’s been a little chilly here this week,

but not too chilly for these old time roses.

morning 048

These yellow roses came from the garden of two lovely

sisters that lived in our neighborhood.

I used to walk by their house everyday just to see what would be blooming

next.  They couldn’t wait to

show me something new that they had planted or that was blooming in their garden.

When someone needed fresh flowers for weddings, church socials,

and dinner parties, they always visited the sisters.

morning 027

They knew the common names as well as the botanical names of each and

every plant.

 morning 032

Time marches on, the sisters have long since gone and there’s new owners now.

The old house has been painted and updated, definitely improvement, the gardens are

basically gone now.

morning 036

These roses and peonies are a few of the remaining flowers left in their gardens.

  In some ways these roses and peonies remind remind me of the sisters…..

both beautiful and enduring.

morning 002

It hasn’t exactly been a bed of roses around here this week,

first the hot water heater,

then the dishwasher,

morning 014

water leak from second floor onto the plaster ceiling….

but, as my grandmother used to say,  things could always be worse.

morning 030

I think Albert has the right idea!Smile

 

I hope you’re having a great week!

See you soon!

Pin It now!

1 comment:

Red Rose Alley said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These yellow roses are beautiful, and just what I needed today. I have a water leak under my sink, so I know how you feel, friend. But it's so true...things could be worse.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Thank's for your comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails