Road Trip Out West II

Hello All,

I’m a little slow getting this post together, but it’s been a very busy summer and I’m trying to take advantage of every minute of this wonderful warm and sunny weather. I know fall is just around the corner and after that old man winter returns…. after the winters we’ve been having,  it seems like forever until it’s warm again. 

We are entering Utah and Nevada deserts, the colors and textures are so different from our landscape, here in the south.

cout-129

  DSC_6762

 

cout-142

We spent the day in Virginia City Nevada.  It looked and felt like you were stepping back in time….just like it did on Bonanza! 

cout-93

Lake Tahoe was too beautiful to describe.  The water was so blue that it looked almost artificial.

cout-94

The CA Hwy 89 travels north from South Lake Tahoe toward Tahoe City, climbing over the mountain's edge just above scenic Emerald Bay.  I have to say, it was one of the scariest roads I have ever been on.  The scenery is gorgeous, but in places it’s a straight drop off into the lake.

cout-95

_DSC9007

_DSC8935

Albert enjoyed swimming in Lake Tahoe…they had several dog friendly beaches.  After exploring and enjoying Lake Tahoe and Lake Tahoe City….we’re on the road again to Clear Lake California!

DSC_6677 

We made it….to Northern California!  It was a long journey, but oh so worth it!

My daughter takes this little glass on all of her travels. (You can never have too much HAPPY!) After this trip…it shows up in all of her photo’s.

DSC_2047

She made hotel reservations for us to stay in Sonoma at a beautiful old Spanish hotel that was near the lovely wine country.  We had a wonderful time visiting different wineries and seeing the beautiful vineyards…winding through the hills and Sonoma valley, doing what we like best…tasting different wonderful wines. Our first visit was to the Ferrari-Curano Vineyards and Winery in Sonoma Valley.  The gardens, vineyards and Winery were absolutely gorgeous. I’m hoping the recent earthquake didn’t harm any of these beautiful wineries. We were amazed by the dry conditions in Northern CA. I’m almost certain the prices of wine will increase substantially.  After seeing the devastation left from some of the wildfires in California I vowed I would never complain about the rain again.  

Well folks, I apologize if I overloaded you with photo’s today, but I will conclude our road trip out west next week.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a great TGIF!

xo Mary

Pin It now!

No comments:

Thank's for your comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails