One Fall Day

Fall is definitely in the air, you can just feel it…cool nights and beautiful fall days.  

As I was taking an early morning walk, I saw this lovely Star Glory or Hummingbird Vine growing on an old white picket fence,  when I saw this vine…I remembered that I used to have one blooming around back on my iron fence.  I think the cold winters must have frozen it out, but I love this dainty vine with little red star like flowers. 

 

LavenderandLinen.blogspot.com

hmmm….I may take another walk, and gather some seed.

Crepe Myrtle

The Crepe Myrtles are coming to summer’s end…..after the fall rains they will disappear until next year.

Crepe Myrtle

 

Star Glory Vine

This week has been sad…..I attended a funeral of a young man who took his life on Monday.  He was one of those that seemed to have everything going for him….loving parents, brother, a beautiful wife and home.  He was also a unique artist that made guitars and banjo’s from pans, wood, and various other items. There were at least twenty banjo’s and guitars all  different and unique on display at his funeral….. several are displayed in the Louisville Museum of Art.

Star Glory Vine

It makes you wonder why someone that seemed to have so much going for them and so young,  39 years of age, would want to end it all. 

 

Spider Web

I was trying to find the perfect spider web to photograph, and even though several looked perfect,  if you looked closely you can see several little flaws, sort of, like us.  No one is perfect….we are have flaws. 

Depression

Thanks everyone for stopping by today.  I hope you are enjoying this beautiful fall day!

See you soon!

new blog signature

Pin It now!

No comments:

Thank's for your comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails