New Orleans

 

Hello everyone!

We made it back from New Orleans!

We had a wonderful time, however, there’s no place like home.

Boy…was it a scorcher in NOLA!  When we arrived home, and as soon I stepped off the plane

it felt at least 10 degrees cooler.  I think it was all of the humidity that made such a difference.

get-attachment (32)

We didn’t photograph Jackson Square or any of the landmarks

this time.  We mainly walked on the streets and took street scenery.

get-attachment (21)

The Natchez’s

new_pelican-83

We took a swamp tour…this guy was a little too brave for me.

new_pelican-94 (1)

I did learn something…. Alligators love marshmallows!

get-attachment (24)

 

get-attachment (39)

We listened to some wonderful street jazz!

get-attachment (15) - Copy

I felt sorry for this little dog…it was so hot.  I’m sure these little booties

protected his feet.

DSC_0980

This art studio featured paintings of dogs….and then there was this cat that was always in the window watching

the people on the street.

street car

We took the street car to the garden district.

get-attachment (19)

 

DSC_0925

We walked through the graveyard! 

DSC_0937

We enjoy getting off on 6th street and walking around and looking at all of the lovely homes.

DSC_0941

I have a fascination with doors and I thought this simple art was interesting

and different.  I love the natural wood.

DSC_0938

We tried to pick our favorite, but there were so many lovelies ….

get-attachment (20)

This little shot gun would be perfect or……

DSC_0988

back in the quarter there’s certainly some lovely townhouses with balconies.

DSC_0987

 

DSC_0992

 

get-attachment (40)

I’ve never had my Palm read…

DSC_0996

loved how he had his bike decorated

get-attachment (1)

A little street photography in front of Brennan’s…..

This reminds me of the 40’s and 50’s.

get-attachment (31)

Some of our friends.  They had a ball riding these little carts.

get-attachment (30)

NOLA knows how to make PO-Boy’s!

get-attachment (22)

There was lovely art everywhere…and speaking of art, we are going on Lake Cumberland’s breast cancer cruise

and I am adding one of my paintings to the auction.  I’m a little anxious…what if no one bids on it?

I hope so because all proceeds goes to breast cancer research and we certainly need to find a cure!

Wish me luck!

get-attachment (38)

When you visit NOLA, and if you love to cook, this place is great!

Well folks…I could post many more photo’s but you must be bored by now,

New Orleans is definitely back and thriving after Katrina.

Take care and have a lovely weekend!

See you soon!

xxoo Mary 

.

Pin It now!

2 comments:

sweetbriardreams said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you so much for taking us on this tour. I hope to visit one day and you have certainly wetted my appetite to go. The houses, sights and even dog booties were fantastic to see. Good luck with the auction! Take care. Chel x

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good Afternoon Mary, What a fabulous place New Orleans is, but I have to say, like you, I felt so sorry for the little dog who had to wear boots on his paws because it was so hot.
The houses are stunning and I love the balconies with the cascading plants.
Looking at the man who read palms, I don't think he had a lot of business as he seemed to be fast asleep, or was that because it was so hot.... I wonder.
As for the man who put his face in an alligators mouth... I would have to say he is maybe a little crazy to do that, but maybe the alligator preferred the marshmallow instead.
Good luck with your auction. You have a beautiful style, so I know your painting will do well.
Have a wonderful 4th July celebration tomorrow.
Best wishes
Daphne

Thank's for your comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails