How to clean fresh fruits & Vegetables

With so much wax, food coloring and pesticides that’s

added to our fruits and vegetables now of days,

it’s very important to clean them very well before consuming.

I always buy organic whenever I can,  but sometimes that’s not an option and… they have to be cleaned too.

 

how to clean vegetables and fruit 006 (2)

 

The secret is…….

 

how to clean vegetables and fruit 014 (2)

 

Apple Cider Vinegar or White Vinegar and lukewarm water.

I usually add about a cup to a sink full of water.

 

how to clean vegetables and fruit 005 (2)

 

Soak for at least 10 minutes or longer…..

20120707-LavenderandLinen 039

 

 

20120717-Lavender&Linen's Still Life 140-2

 

Fresh apples….

 

20120717-Lavender&Linen's Still Life 132-2

 

does the body good.

 

20120717-Lavender&Linen's Still Life 117-2

 

I’m definitely a big believer in vinegar for many things,

for instance….

I make my own dog shampoo by mixing equal parts of vinegar along with my favorite dog shampoo,

or what really works well and smells sooo good is clear liquid Dial Soap.

Just remember,  to rinse very well.  I promise you……you will have the cleanest smelling dog  (no vinegar smell)

along with the softest, shiniest, ever so squeaky clean coat in town.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Source: thecountrychiccottage.net via Mary on Pinterest

 

Check it out!

It’s the all natural way to clean!

Take care and I’ll see you soon!

Pin It now!

5 comments:

Barbara Lilian in France said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks Mary for your tips on cleaning fruit. I know there's lots of ways of using vinegar.You mentioned your dogs shiny coat, when I was young (which is a very long time ago) I had a friend with beautiful shiny hair & she told me she used a small amount of vinegar in the final rinsing water. I'm NOT keen on the smell of vinegar, so it puts me off. I've never seen Cleaning Vinegar, does that have the same strong smell ?

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gгеat delivery. Οutstanding аrguments.
Кeeρ up the amаzing effort.
Also see my web page :: loans for bad credit

Curtains in My Tree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates


My sister turned me onto the vinegar veg wash. However I just squirt my strawberries with the vinegar & water & salt mix.
I agree vinegar is great for so many things,
Glad your doggy is so shinny

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good Evening Mary, What a great idea. I always wash my fruit, but it takes ages to remove the wax from the fruit. I am going shopping later in the week and will buy some vinegar and try it. Thank you for such a great tip. Glad your "pooch" has a glossy, shiny coat....he always looks fabulous in the photographs.
Have a lovely week.
Best Wishes
Daphne

Red Rose Alley said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very interesting, Mary. I have used apple cider vinegar myself for certain things. It has many good health benefits. Thanks for the tip on cleaning fruits. I try to buy organic, but not all the time. Happy Valentine's Day to you.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Thank's for your comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails