Iris–Fleur-de-lis

 

Spring is a favorite for so many people.

We have gotten very adept at making our homes comfortable year round,

but when it comes to outdoor environments we’re still

subject to nature’s whims.

L 076

I  guess the reason we love spring is because it’s the

season where it feels good to be outdoors again……….

L 087

 

L 072

and not only does it feel good, it’s a gorgeous
Easter Sunday.

today 026

Since My Irises are blooming so beautiful, I want to share a short poem about the ”Iris.”

The Iris is a pretty flower,

It doesn’t last for long

They’re here in May (April this year)

I find, I turn around – they’re gone.

today 017

They come in purple and dark blue,

also yellow too.

The fleur is French for flower, see,

and lis is French for lily.

2012-04-08 today

 

L 009

I pick and arrange, you see,

A lovely bouquet in a vase.

Their color always speaks to me,

and they always, always amaze.

~Christine Crowley~

L 021

We’ve had a beautiful and restful Easter Sunday,

I hope that you have as well.

Happy Easter!

See you soon!

Pin It now!

1 comment:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Mary! I agree that people are happier in spring! A little warm fresh air and sunshine goes a long way! You iris are lovely. That's a charming poem too! I hope your week is going great!

Thank's for your comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails