Happy New Year!

  
We’re spending a quiet New Years Eve at the lake cottage.
  I guess this is becoming a tradition since this has been our third New Year’s here.
After the hustle and bustle of Christmas I’m beginning
to look forward to the peacefulness  and serenity you will find here, especially during this time of year.
2011-11-25 Grand Rivers before XMAS1
Remember the song home on the range where the deer and the antelope play? I’m changing it up
just a little….where the deer and the buffalo play.Smile
We saw 50 or more buffalo as we were driving across Land between the Lakes today.
I wish I could have gotten a closer shot but there were too many briar patches to walk through.  

One of my Christmas gifts this year was a new lens for my camera.
I’ve been practicing today with vignettes, table settings and etc.
Buffalo 019-1

Buffalo 047-1

Buffalo 039-1

Buffalo 089-1

This old French linen tablecloth came from France.

Buffalo 024-1

I often wonder who owned this old table linen.  I bought a smaller one
that actually had my first and last initial hand embroidered on it.  Pretty amazing!

Buffalo 059-1

Buffalo 055-1

Buffalo 072-1

I’m so glad the husband learned how to make monkey fists in the Navy!

ART 019-1

I love this old piece of drift wood.  Husband found this one floating on lake Barkley.  

ART 024-1

I know less is more, but I always have a tendency to overdo vignettes.

Buffalo 069-2

I have two more sailboats in the making….one is going  
to a lucky reader of this blog. 

Buffalo 112-1
                                                                                                                                                          
    A special thanks to all of you for your encouragement
and inspiration during this past year.  

Buffalo 094-2

I hope you and yours, wherever you are, have a safe and happy New Year!
Here’s a toast and wish for you!

Buffalo 018-1
You’re one of Z-best!
See you in 2012!
Pin It now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

beautiful blessing and beautiful photos, I love your choice of art, the stacked tea cups and water scene are beautiful, Happy New Year to you!
We had quite a collection of driftwood and also loved crafting from it, when my husband became ill we had to sell and move into the city, I still think driftwood tells a story,, each piece.

Red Rose Alley said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The "Irish Toast" is wonderful. Thank you for your friendship this year. I hope the New Year brings you much joy.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Thank's for your comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails